We at Anthony Edwards Kitchens wanted to share one of our favourite recipes – from director Tony Myers. This recipe makes about 28 biscotti. If you decide to make them – show us your results by tagging us on Twitter or Instagram.
145 grams blanched whole almonds toasted and chopped
1 teaspoon baking powder
A good pinch of salt
250 grams plain flour
150 grams granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon pure almond extract
1. Preheat over to 150 °C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the eggs and extracts together and set aside.
3. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Gradually add the egg mixture until a dough forms, adding almonds halfway through.
5. Form dough into two logs on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch (logs will spread during baking).
7. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
8. Cut into 1.5cm slices on the diagonal.
9. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
10. Turn slices over, and bake for 10 more minutes, or until firm to the touch.
11. Cool, and store in an airtight container.
Tip: The mixture gets sticky, keep hands damp!